The last date for filing income tax return is fast approaching (July 31, 2017). In case you have any tax due, you need to pay the same as Self Assessment Tax. The payment can be done both online and through offline mode.
For paying offline, you need to download challan 280, fill it and submit it to the authorized bank branch with accompanying cheque.
You can pay online through any of the following authorized banks:
|Allahabad Bank||Corporation Bank||Oriental Bank of Commerce|
|Andhra Bank||Dena Bank||Punjab and Sind Bank|
|Axis Bank||HDFC Bank||Punjab National Bank|
|Bank of Baroda||ICICI Bank||Syndicate Bank|
|Bank of India||IDBI Bank||UCO Bank|
|Bank of Maharashtra||Indian Bank||Union Bank of India|
|Canara Bank||Indian Overseas Bank||United Bank of India|
|Central Bank of India||Jammu & Kashmir Bank||Vijaya Bank|
Here are some posts which can help you with e-filing of ITR 2017:
Steps to Pay Self Assessment Tax Online:
Step 1 – Go to NSDL-TIN website
Step 2 – Click on “e-payment: pay taxes online”
Step 3 – Click on “Click to pay tax online” on next screen
Step 4.- Select CHALLAN NO. /ITNS 280 (payment of Income tax & Corporation Tax)
Step 5– Fill the Challan 280 as below
- Select (0021) INCOME-TAX (OTHER THAN COMPANIES) for individual tax payers
- Enter your PAN Card Number
- Select Assessment Year (2015-16) for this year tax return
- Fill up your Address, email & phone number
- Select (300) SELF ASSESSMENT TAX
- Select from List of Banks
- Fill the Captcha code and click Proceed
Step 6 – On the next screen Check the details you filled. In case everything is OK select “Submit to Bank” else select Edit. On Selecting Edit will take you to previous screen. On “Submit to Bank” will take to the bank’s net banking login screen.
Step 7 – Login to your net banking. In the example we have shown ICICI Bank screen, it would be similar in all banks.
1/2 – Check the details already pre-filled as in the form
3 – Fill the details of the tax to be paid
- Income Tax – the amount of tax due (excluding education cess)
- Surcharge – applicable for income more than Rs 1 crore. For all others keep it as 0
- Education cess – the education cess on the above amount
- Interest – Any interest payable for late tax payment. You can keep it as 0 and add the amount in the “Income Tax” above
- Others – fill it as 0
On successful transaction, a challan counterfoil is generated. This contains CIN, payment details and bank name. You should save it as it is the proof of payment being made.
The above challan payment can be verified in “Challan Status Inquiry” at NSDL-TIN website using CIN within a week of making payment.