January is the time when companies ask their employees to submit investment proofs and rent receipts for claiming income tax benefit/ exemption.
Claiming HRA in case you pay a rent of more than Rs. 2,00,000 is cumbersome now. This is due to a new regulation last year from Income Tax Department stating that you need to submit landlord’s PAN card copy in case the rent exceeds the above amount. In case the landlord does not have a PAN card, he/she needs to give a declaration that he does not have a PAN card.
The authorities have not given any format for the declaration. So We at Apnaplan.com have come up with a “Landlord without PAN Card” Declaration form.
You can download it, fill relevant details and get it signed from your landlord.
- 8 Changes in Income Tax Exemptions and Rules in Budget 2015 - March 2, 2015
- Income Tax Calculator for FY 2015-16 [AY 2016-17] – Excel Download - February 28, 2015
- 11 Tax Free Components You Must have in Salary - February 26, 2015
- 19 Company Fixed Deposit (FD) Schemes to Choose From - February 18, 2015
- 22 Hidden Charges in Saving Bank Account - February 11, 2015
- Highest Tax Saving Bank Fixed Deposit Rates U/S 80C - February 4, 2015
- 9 Must Knows About Sukanya Samriddhi Account - February 3, 2015
- 9.5% IFCI NCD – Jan/Feb 2015 – Should you Invest? - January 30, 2015
- Life Insurance Death Claim Settlement Ratio for FY 2013-14 - January 29, 2015
- 4 Personal Finance Changes in Week of January 12 – 25, 2015 - January 27, 2015