Income tax rates are one thing which every common man is worried about. The finance minister, P Chidambaram in his Budget 2013-14 kept the income tax rates unchanged. The table below shows the summary of tax slabs for FY 2013-14.
There are two minor changes:
- Super rich have to pay more taxes. A surcharge of 10% on Rs 1 crore plus income earners have been imposed. This is for one year only and would impact about 42,800 people only
- The middle class with income of up to Rs 5 lakhs would receive tax credit of Rs 2,000 for FY 2013-14. This essentially means people with income up to Rs 5 lakhs have reduced tax burden of Rs. 2,060 for FY 2013-14.
As we have done previously for previous financial years, here is the first version of the income tax calculator for FY 2013-14. This calculator is in Excel format and can be downloaded.
Limitations of the Calculator:
- This calculates Income tax only for people who have no losses/gains from House property or have a maximum of 1 House.
I would try to incorporate these in the next versions of the calculator.
You can also Download the latest Tax Calculator for FY 2014-15 below
Your suggestions are welcome!
This is how the calculator looks like.
- PPF Calculator for Maturity, Loan and Partial Withdrawal - March 27, 2015
- 10.8% Muthoot Finance NCD – March/April 2015 – Should you Invest? - March 25, 2015
- Banking to get more Expensive from April 1, 2015 - March 24, 2015
- Does Your Life Insurance Offers Tax Benefit? - March 18, 2015
- 5 Things to Do Before March End - March 17, 2015
- Should you Invest Rs 50,000 in NPS to Save Tax u/s 80CCD (1B)? - March 16, 2015
- 19 Ways Budget 2015 Impacts our Spending, Saving, Investment and Taxation - March 14, 2015
- Budget 2015: TDS on Fixed Deposit, Recurring Deposit and EPF - March 13, 2015
- 9 Changes in Income Tax Exemptions and Rules in Budget 2015 - March 2, 2015
- Income Tax Calculator for FY 2015-16 [AY 2016-17] – Excel Download - February 28, 2015