National Housing Bank (NHB) is a statutory organization that was established on July 9, 1988. It is the apex level financial institution for the housing sector in the country and a wholly owned subsidiary of the Reserve Bank of India.
NHB SUVRIDDHI (Tax Saving) Term Deposit Scheme: It is a tax saving deposit scheme for individuals & HUFs U/S 80 C of Income Tax Act. The minimum deposit in the scheme is Rs. 10,000 and thereafter in multiple of Rs. 10,000 with a fixed maturity of 60 months. Individuals & HUFs can invest maximum Rs. 1,00,000 in the scheme.
The below interest rates are effective from October 31, 2011
|NHB SUVRIDDHI (Tax Saving) Term Deposit Scheme:|
|All Others||For Senior Citizens|
|Duration of Deposit||Interest Rate (%)||Annualised Return (%)||Interest Rate (%)||Annualised Return (%)|
- Interest rates offered above are as on date and computed on quarterly compounding basis.
- Deposit Amount: Minimum of Rs. 10,000 and higher in multiples thereof up to maximum of Rs. 1,00,000/- per financial year.
- Who can deposit: Individuals / HUF
- Interest option under the Scheme: Cumulative Interest Option / Non- Cumulative Interest Option.
- Tax Benefit under Section 80C – Notified by CBDT published in Extraordinary Gazette of India dated 5th January, 2009 S.O.21 (E).
- Nomination: Available
- TDS on interest: Deduction of Income-tax at source from interest payments will be governed by the provisions of the Income Tax Act, 1961, as in force from time to time, and the rules frame there under. As per the present provisions U/S 194A of the Income Tax Act, 1961, interest upto Rs. 5000/- in a financial year is exempt from deduction of tax at source.
For more details download form below
- Home Loans: HFC vs Banks? Choose Wisely - April 24, 2015
- Changes in ITR Forms for AY 2015-16 - April 17, 2015
- What is the Maximum Income Tax You can Save for FY 2015-16? - April 16, 2015
- How good is Credit card against Fixed Deposit? - April 15, 2015
- Highest Interest Rate on Recurring Deposits (RD) - April 9, 2015
- Tax Planning Guide for FY 2015-16 - April 8, 2015
- Pepsi IPL 2015 Match Schedule - April 7, 2015
- 10.25% SREI Equipment Finance NCD – April 2015 – Should you Invest? - April 7, 2015
- Making Sense of Tax Benefit on Health Insurance u/s 80D - April 6, 2015
- Sukanya Samriddhi interest raised to 9.2% while PPF remains at 8.7% for FY 2015-16 - April 1, 2015