I came across two small articles in today’s Time of India, New Delhi edition about how fraudsters have dumped innocent people worth lakhs in cyber world. I am sure all of us have received mails & SMSes regarding some million dollar lottery or a job offer too good to be true. But I always have marked them as spam, but I guess the fraudsters just need one victim of the millions of emails & SMSes they send.
I too had received similar job offers from Videocon, Maruti and now the latest one doing rounds is Wipro.
Tips to prevent online fraud:
- Filter spam and don’t even open mail that you don’t where it is coming from
- Use your common sense and don’t jump to conclusions. No amount of security can guard you until you are not careful yourself. Replying to these e-mails is the first step to disaster. These people are not pranksters, they are criminals.
- Be aware of attachments
- Don’t click links in emails
- Make sure security is high, such as having a firewall installed
- Install the best antivirus software and keep it up to date
- Recognize Spam eg. Get Rich quick
If its too good to be true then probably it isn’t!
Online Fraud – Beware!,
Popular Searches For This Post:
- apna finance loan fraud complaint – apna finance pvt ltd loan complaints – can someone fraud fixed deposit in india – fraud case in name sold insurance policy in name of fixed deposit – time deposit fraud cases -