Property Tax is payable on all lands and buildings within the jurisdiction of Delhi Municipal Corporation. There is no exemption for unauthorized/ unauthorized regularized/ resettlement/ JJ/ Slum colonies, urban and rural villages.
Who has to pay property tax?
The onus of paying Property tax is on the owner or the occupier of the property. All owners/occupiers of any land/ building are liable to pay the property tax and file the returns of self assessment every year.
Will MCD issue any notice for Property tax?
No, MCD does not issue any notice to the owner to inform about his property tax. MCD issues bill only in case of scrutiny and defaulter.
How to calculate property tax?
You can calculate property tax in two ways:
- Online: logon to www.mcdpropertytax.in and follow the instructions therein
- At property tax offices: Go to the MCD property tax office and fill up the property tax return form. The tax would be calculated automatically.
You can also check your dues online or at property tax offices to ensure that you have cleared all your dues.[/sociallocker]
Property Tax Rebate
The following property categories are entitled for Property Tax Rebate
- Sr. Citizens – 30%
- Women Owned – 30%
- Physically Challenged – 30%
- Ex-Servicemen – 30%
- DDA/CGHS Residential – 10% up to 100sq.mts of Covered/Build up area
- Group Housing Flats – 20% up to 30th June of Financial Year
Where to pay property tax?
You can pay property tax in three ways
- Epay at www.mcdpropertytax.in
- Through cheque/ Demand draft at branches of Axis Bank and HDFC Bank
- By cash up to Rs. 5,000 at property tax offices or up to any amount at ITZ Cash counter.
Due Dates for property tax payment:
With 15% rebate: Before June 30
With interest: March 31
Consequences of not paying property tax?
- Attachment of bank accounts and movable/ immovable properties
- Fine not less than 50% of the amount of tax evaded and
- Imprisonment up to 7 years
Here is the advertisement from North Delhi Municipal Corporation for Property Tax: