The property tax is based on the annual value (AV) of covered space of buildings and vacant lands.
The entire New Delhi area has been divided into 8 Categories from category A to H. Some colonies in these categories are:
- Category A: Anand Niketan, Friends Colony, Maharani Bagh
- Category B: Greater Kailash 1, R K Puram, Defence Colony
- Category C: Lajpat Nagar, Kalkaji, East of Kailash
- Category D: Prashant Vihar, Dwarka, Daryaganj
- Category E: Rohini, Defence Enclave in Mahipalpur
- Category F: Dawat nagar in Okhla, Daya Basti in Shastri Nagar
- Category G: Dabri Extension, Dairy Colony in Roshanpura
- Category H: Daoili Village, Daulatpur
The property Tax rates are based on these categories and type of property.
Property tax rates on Residential Property:
- Category A & B – 12%
- Category C, D & E – 11%
- Category F, G & H – 7%
Property tax rates on Non Residential (Commercial) Property:
- For Hotels, Restaurants (with bar), Shops, Cinema Halls, Malls, Gyms, Petrol Pumps, Clubs etc need to pay 20% Property tax for all categories A to H
- For Guest Houses, Paying Guests Houses, Restaurants (without bars) need to pay 15% Property tax for all categories A to H
- For all other Non Residential (Commercial) Property:
- Category A & B – 15%
- Category C, D & E – 12%
- Category F, G & H – 10%
Property tax rates on Farm Houses:
Farm Houses need to pay 20% property tax for all categories A to H.
Rebate on Property Tax:
- 10% Rebate on property tax would be given to DDA/CGHS flats upto covered space of 100 sq. mt.
- 30% rebate on property tax for Senior citizens, Women or physically challenged for covered space of up to 200 sq mt. This rebate is available even if the above are joint holders of the property. This exemption is available on only one property.
Following is the Advertisement from Municipal Corporation of Delhi:
- ITR Form 2A – The new IT Return Form for AY 2015-16 - June 25, 2015
- Home Loans: HFC vs Banks? Choose Wisely - April 24, 2015
- Changes in ITR Forms for AY 2015-16 - April 17, 2015
- What is the Maximum Income Tax You can Save for FY 2015-16? - April 16, 2015
- How good is Credit card against Fixed Deposit? - April 15, 2015
- Highest Interest Rate on Recurring Deposits (RD) - April 9, 2015
- Tax Planning Guide for FY 2015-16 - April 8, 2015
- Pepsi IPL 2015 Match Schedule - April 7, 2015
- 10.25% SREI Equipment Finance NCD – April 2015 – Should you Invest? - April 7, 2015
- Making Sense of Tax Benefit on Health Insurance u/s 80D - April 6, 2015