SBI recently advertised how the fixed deposits offered by SBI under Section 80C helps you save tax and the effective yield.
But this is pre tax return. The interest you get is taxable in case of above deposits. Since they have assumed tax bracket of 30%, your post tax yield would come to 13.33% (from 17.39%) for senior citizens and for others it would be 12.87% (from 16.64%).
Though the investment may be good for you with regards to tax saving but the above calculation would help you to keep realistic returns expectations.
- Home Loans: HFC vs Banks? Choose Wisely - April 24, 2015
- Changes in ITR Forms for AY 2015-16 - April 17, 2015
- What is the Maximum Income Tax You can Save for FY 2015-16? - April 16, 2015
- How good is Credit card against Fixed Deposit? - April 15, 2015
- Highest Interest Rate on Recurring Deposits (RD) - April 9, 2015
- Tax Planning Guide for FY 2015-16 - April 8, 2015
- Pepsi IPL 2015 Match Schedule - April 7, 2015
- 10.25% SREI Equipment Finance NCD – April 2015 – Should you Invest? - April 7, 2015
- Making Sense of Tax Benefit on Health Insurance u/s 80D - April 6, 2015
- Sukanya Samriddhi interest raised to 9.2% while PPF remains at 8.7% for FY 2015-16 - April 1, 2015