SBI recently advertised how the fixed deposits offered by SBI under Section 80C helps you save tax and the effective yield.
But this is pre tax return. The interest you get is taxable in case of above deposits. Since they have assumed tax bracket of 30%, your post tax yield would come to 13.33% (from 17.39%) for senior citizens and for others it would be 12.87% (from 16.64%).
Though the investment may be good for you with regards to tax saving but the above calculation would help you to keep realistic returns expectations.
- 9.5% IFCI NCD – Jan/Feb 2015 – Should you Invest? - January 30, 2015
- Life Insurance Death Claim Settlement Ratio for FY 2013-14 - January 29, 2015
- 4 Personal Finance Changes in Week of January 12 – 25, 2015 - January 27, 2015
- Which bank offers highest interest rate on savings account in India? - January 25, 2015
- How RBI Rate Cut Impacts your Investments and Loans? - January 20, 2015
- Wrong Maths to Fool Investors! - January 12, 2015
- Use Bonus Option of Mutual Funds to Save Tax - August 21, 2014
- 11.5% Muthoot Finance NCD – Aug/Sep 2014 – Should you Invest? - August 20, 2014
- LIC Varishtha Pension Bima Yojana Review - August 19, 2014
- Where to Park Money for Very Short Term [less than 6 Months]? - August 13, 2014