SBI recently advertised how the fixed deposits offered by SBI under Section 80C helps you save tax and the effective yield.
But this is pre tax return. The interest you get is taxable in case of above deposits. Since they have assumed tax bracket of 30%, your post tax yield would come to 13.33% (from 17.39%) for senior citizens and for others it would be 12.87% (from 16.64%).
Though the investment may be good for you with regards to tax saving but the above calculation would help you to keep realistic returns expectations.
- PPF Calculator for Maturity, Loan and Partial Withdrawal - March 27, 2015
- 10.8% Muthoot Finance NCD – March/April 2015 – Should you Invest? - March 25, 2015
- Banking to get more Expensive from April 1, 2015 - March 24, 2015
- Does Your Life Insurance Offers Tax Benefit? - March 18, 2015
- 5 Things to Do Before March End - March 17, 2015
- Should you Invest Rs 50,000 in NPS to Save Tax u/s 80CCD (1B)? - March 16, 2015
- 19 Ways Budget 2015 Impacts our Spending, Saving, Investment and Taxation - March 14, 2015
- Budget 2015: TDS on Fixed Deposit, Recurring Deposit and EPF - March 13, 2015
- 9 Changes in Income Tax Exemptions and Rules in Budget 2015 - March 2, 2015
- Income Tax Calculator for FY 2015-16 [AY 2016-17] – Excel Download - February 28, 2015