Government of Delhi has notified 21 days in 2013 as Dry Days in Delhi. These 21 days include 3 national holidays of Republic Day, Independence Day and Gandhi Jayanti. Other than these there are 18 festival days which are dry days.
What does dry day mean?
Many people are confused what happens in dry days. On dry days the retail/ wholesale shops selling liquors are closed and so you cannot buy it. But service of liquor in licensed Bars / Hotels / Clubs and Restaurants is permissible even on dry days except on above three National holidays.
Even on the three National holidays, liquor can be served in hotel rooms provided they have L-15 license for room service.
There is no ban for service of liquor by anyone at his residence provided the liquor served is authorized and is within the permissible limits.
Dry Days in Delhi in 2013:
|1||Milad Un Nabi||25-Jan-13||Friday|
|3||Maharishi Dayanand Jayanti||23-Feb-13||Saturday|
|5||Guru Ravi Das Jayanti||25-Mar-13||Monday|
|14||Mahatma Gandhi’s Birthday||2-Oct-13||Wednesday|
|17||Maharishi Valmiki Jayanti||18-Oct-13||Friday|
|20||Guru Nanak’s Birthday||17-Nov-13||Sunday|
|21||Guru Teg Bahadur Martydom Day||24-Nov-13||Sunday|
- PPF Calculator for Maturity, Loan and Partial Withdrawal - March 27, 2015
- 10.8% Muthoot Finance NCD – March/April 2015 – Should you Invest? - March 25, 2015
- Banking to get more Expensive from April 1, 2015 - March 24, 2015
- Does Your Life Insurance Offers Tax Benefit? - March 18, 2015
- 5 Things to Do Before March End - March 17, 2015
- Should you Invest Rs 50,000 in NPS to Save Tax u/s 80CCD (1B)? - March 16, 2015
- 19 Ways Budget 2015 Impacts our Spending, Saving, Investment and Taxation - March 14, 2015
- Budget 2015: TDS on Fixed Deposit, Recurring Deposit and EPF - March 13, 2015
- 9 Changes in Income Tax Exemptions and Rules in Budget 2015 - March 2, 2015
- Income Tax Calculator for FY 2015-16 [AY 2016-17] – Excel Download - February 28, 2015