Government of Delhi has notified 21 days in 2013 as Dry Days in Delhi. These 21 days include 3 national holidays of Republic Day, Independence Day and Gandhi Jayanti. Other than these there are 18 festival days which are dry days.
What does dry day mean?
Many people are confused what happens in dry days. On dry days the retail/ wholesale shops selling liquors are closed and so you cannot buy it. But service of liquor in licensed Bars / Hotels / Clubs and Restaurants is permissible even on dry days except on above three National holidays.
Even on the three National holidays, liquor can be served in hotel rooms provided they have L-15 license for room service.
There is no ban for service of liquor by anyone at his residence provided the liquor served is authorized and is within the permissible limits.
Dry Days in Delhi in 2013:
|1||Milad Un Nabi||25-Jan-13||Friday|
|3||Maharishi Dayanand Jayanti||23-Feb-13||Saturday|
|5||Guru Ravi Das Jayanti||25-Mar-13||Monday|
|14||Mahatma Gandhi’s Birthday||2-Oct-13||Wednesday|
|17||Maharishi Valmiki Jayanti||18-Oct-13||Friday|
|20||Guru Nanak’s Birthday||17-Nov-13||Sunday|
|21||Guru Teg Bahadur Martydom Day||24-Nov-13||Sunday|
- Home Loans: HFC vs Banks? Choose Wisely - April 24, 2015
- Changes in ITR Forms for AY 2015-16 - April 17, 2015
- What is the Maximum Income Tax You can Save for FY 2015-16? - April 16, 2015
- How good is Credit card against Fixed Deposit? - April 15, 2015
- Highest Interest Rate on Recurring Deposits (RD) - April 9, 2015
- Tax Planning Guide for FY 2015-16 - April 8, 2015
- Pepsi IPL 2015 Match Schedule - April 7, 2015
- 10.25% SREI Equipment Finance NCD – April 2015 – Should you Invest? - April 7, 2015
- Making Sense of Tax Benefit on Health Insurance u/s 80D - April 6, 2015
- Sukanya Samriddhi interest raised to 9.2% while PPF remains at 8.7% for FY 2015-16 - April 1, 2015