Government of Delhi has notified 21 days in 2013 as Dry Days in Delhi. These 21 days include 3 national holidays of Republic Day, Independence Day and Gandhi Jayanti. Other than these there are 18 festival days which are dry days.
What does dry day mean?
Many people are confused what happens in dry days. On dry days the retail/ wholesale shops selling liquors are closed and so you cannot buy it. But service of liquor in licensed Bars / Hotels / Clubs and Restaurants is permissible even on dry days except on above three National holidays.
Even on the three National holidays, liquor can be served in hotel rooms provided they have L-15 license for room service.
There is no ban for service of liquor by anyone at his residence provided the liquor served is authorized and is within the permissible limits.
Dry Days in Delhi in 2013:
|1||Milad Un Nabi||25-Jan-13||Friday|
|3||Maharishi Dayanand Jayanti||23-Feb-13||Saturday|
|5||Guru Ravi Das Jayanti||25-Mar-13||Monday|
|14||Mahatma Gandhi’s Birthday||2-Oct-13||Wednesday|
|17||Maharishi Valmiki Jayanti||18-Oct-13||Friday|
|20||Guru Nanak’s Birthday||17-Nov-13||Sunday|
|21||Guru Teg Bahadur Martydom Day||24-Nov-13||Sunday|
- 8 Changes in Income Tax Exemptions and Rules in Budget 2015 - March 2, 2015
- Income Tax Calculator for FY 2015-16 [AY 2016-17] – Excel Download - February 28, 2015
- 11 Tax Free Components You Must have in Salary - February 26, 2015
- 19 Company Fixed Deposit (FD) Schemes to Choose From - February 18, 2015
- 22 Hidden Charges in Saving Bank Account - February 11, 2015
- Highest Tax Saving Bank Fixed Deposit Rates U/S 80C - February 4, 2015
- 9 Must Knows About Sukanya Samriddhi Account - February 3, 2015
- 9.5% IFCI NCD – Jan/Feb 2015 – Should you Invest? - January 30, 2015
- Life Insurance Death Claim Settlement Ratio for FY 2013-14 - January 29, 2015
- 4 Personal Finance Changes in Week of January 12 – 25, 2015 - January 27, 2015