CIF or Customer Identification File is a virtual file with the bank which contains all details of a customer including valid photo id, address details, etc. In simple terms CIF Number is your customer number with the bank and all your accounts are linked to the same CIF number.
SBI CIF Number:
Different banks have different format of CIF Number. SBI has 11-digit CIF Number. You can find your CIF both Online & Offline.
How to find SBI CIF Offline?
There are three ways you can find your SBI CIF number:
1. In SBI Bank Passbook – The CIF Number is printed on the first page of bank passbook along with your other details.
2. Visit Your Bank – Just tell your account number to your bank and they would give you your CIF number
3. Ask Customer Care – You can dial following toll free numbers of SBI – 1800 11 2211, 1800 425 3800 or 080-26599990 give basic details and get your CIF number
How to find SBI CIF Online?
The SBI Net banking portal has your CIF Number and you can find that in multiple ways.
1. Click “View Nomination and PAN Details” on the welcome screen. Clicking this takes you to Account Information Screen which has CIF Number.
Also Read: 21 Hidden Charges in Saving Bank Account
2. Just print account statement between any two dates. It has CIF Number, IFSC code, MICR code along with other details
How many CIF Number you can have?
Earlier there could be multiple CIF numbers for a single person with a bank. But now as per RBI guidelines you a person should have only one CIF number with a bank. All his accounts should be linked to the same CIF.