PNB Housing Finance Ltd. was incorporated in 1988 and operates as a subsidiary of Punjab National Bank. It is based in New Delhi, India with branches in all major cities in India. PNB Housing Finance, Ltd. offers loans for purchase/construction of property, flat, houses, and apartments to resident Indians and NRIs.
Features and Benefits of PNB Housing Finance Ltd Deposit Schemes:
- FAA+ rating by CRISIL, which means High safety
- No tax to be deducted at source on interest income upto Rs. 5,000/- in a financial year
- Loan facility up to 75% of deposit available from all branches of the company and also of Punjab National Bank
- Encashment of cheques in respect of interest and repayment of deposits AT PAR by selected branches of PNB
- Premature cancellation allowed after 3 months on the discretion of the company
- Nomination Facility available as per NHB guidelines
- The interest would be payable half yearly for Regular Payout FD and would be compounded half yearly in case of cumulative option.
- Minimum Amount – Rs. 20,000 for Cumulative option and Rs. 10,000 for regular interest payout
|Period (Months)||Interest Rates||Yield for Cumulative Option|
|12 and 24 Months||9.50%||9.73% & 10.20% respectively|
|36, 48 and 60 Months||9.75%||11.02%, 11.58% & 12.19% respectively|
|72 and 84 Months||9.50%||12.42% & 13.07% respectively|
Interest rate for Senior citizens age above 60 years (as on day of deposit) and PNB Housing Staff shall be at 0.50% higher than above rates.
The deposit can be withdrawn prematurely only after completion of 3 months. Below table shows the penalty for withdrawal
|Up to 3 months from date of deposit||Cannot withdraw|
|3 – 6 Months||No Interest would be payable|
|6 – 12 months||3% less than the interest rate prescribed|
|After 12 months but before maturity||2% less than the interest rate prescribed|
Should you Invest?
PNB Housing Finance Ltd is offering competitive interest rates to banks for higher maturity duration of 3 Years or more. As far as banks are concerned they are offering less than 9.3% for FDs of 3 years or more, which is expected to go down further as in case of SBI. On the safety of capital front, being a Government owned organization, its completely safe. It makes sense to look to PNB Housing as an option for higher tenure deposits. The staff of PNB Housing should obviously go for it due to extra 0.5% interest offered.
You can find all further details in the advertisement below:
- ITR Form 2A – The new IT Return Form for AY 2015-16 - June 25, 2015
- Home Loans: HFC vs Banks? Choose Wisely - April 24, 2015
- Changes in ITR Forms for AY 2015-16 - April 17, 2015
- What is the Maximum Income Tax You can Save for FY 2015-16? - April 16, 2015
- How good is Credit card against Fixed Deposit? - April 15, 2015
- Highest Interest Rate on Recurring Deposits (RD) - April 9, 2015
- Tax Planning Guide for FY 2015-16 - April 8, 2015
- Pepsi IPL 2015 Match Schedule - April 7, 2015
- 10.25% SREI Equipment Finance NCD – April 2015 – Should you Invest? - April 7, 2015
- Making Sense of Tax Benefit on Health Insurance u/s 80D - April 6, 2015